Friday, June 25, 2010

Rock Star Moments

I had a rock star moment last night.  Yes, part of the reason I'm writing about this is to brag, but there's a lesson at the end of the story.  Endulge me.

In "I Was a Teenage Hitler" in The WRONG Show, I had to sing a 1980's rock song about Hitler.  To be heard over the three-piece band, I had to use a microphone (because parts of the song are outside of my current belting range).  I grabbed the mic last night when it was time for the song and knocked the cable out of the bottom.  I picked up the cable and tried to put it back together but gave up after two quick attempts, sucked it up, and belted out the entire song.  Boo-yah.  Of course, the band dropped their volume a bit to accomodate me (and bully on them for doing so).  But I made that song my bitch.  I was a rock star.

We all have rock star moments, like when Billy Bob finally goes for the oop-de-oop play in Varsity Blues, or when Ralph Fiennes goes back to the car to Angela Bassett at the end of Strange Days.  Moments where we can lay it all on the line and hope to hell it turns out okay.  The payoff can be huge.  It's important to be a rock star when those opportunities present themselves.

1 comment: