|Photo by Jason Kamimura|
|Photo by Markus Alias|
I'm blogging from outside a theatre where we're about to review a play. Technology is amazing.
As I mentioned earlier today (unless I only imagined it, which is entirely possible given the E6000 fumes I've inhaled today), I have to redo the hem of my gown because I kept stepping on it in rehearsal. My act entrance isn't as strong when I have to keep hiking up my dress. This afternoon I cut 4" off the gown and lining. I got most of the gown rehemmed (by hand because it's faster) in two hours. Maybe I can finish the hems tonight after the play.
Total spent so far: $393.50 and 113:50
I took care of a small task before my studio time this morning. I gathered the tops of my fancy panels. I also trimmed up the bottom of the fancy panels so they wouldn't drag. I discovered during rehearsal that I need to add a few more magnets and secure the panel gathers on my machine.
My rehearsal went really well. I found a great place to play with my under panel, necessitating some thong embellishment. My studio time ended, so I rhinestoned my thong during Snapper Buddy rehearsal. I also took care of the finishing crotch stitching. The gem pattern matches my pasties.
Working in the entire costume, I found a few things to tidy up this afternoon. I'm very pleased with how the costume works.
Total spent so far: $393.37 and 111:50
I came home from work today to find Andrew painting part of the edge of the fourth panel. I have to start the other edge tomorrow morning once the paint is dry, then wrap up the edges on the remaining panel Friday.
I put clear elastic straps on the bra so I don't have to worry about it falling. If they don't work in rehearsal, I have other straps to use. It took a while to stitch them on with my left hand. (You can see them in the photo. What I hope you can't see is the batch of hives I got this evening. I'm afraid I'm allergic to oranges, same as my older sister. Guess I should see that allergist soon.)
I also mathed out where I need to put the washers on the panels. I have to buy ribbon tomorrow to better secure the washers.
Tomorrow I'm headed downtown on a recon mission for the last of my required supplies.
Total spent so far: $349.19 and 101:10
That's right, folks. I hit 100 hours for this costume a few minutes ago. I started off my morning with 40 minutes of painting on the edge of the fourth panel. I then packed up my bra so I could do some rhinestoning at the ol' day job. I spent 10 minutes gluing on the stones in the photo, covering the center gather on the bra. I then added some tiny jonquil stones to the underboob netting on the bra.
Total spent so far: $349.19 and 100:00
And I have Blogger installed on my new phone finally!