Wednesday, April 18, 2012
My Final Reveal: Embellishing Like Mad
I got most of the bra snapper stoning done, painting on the edges of the third panel as the glue heated. I'm going to drop a few jonquil stones on the lower net of the bra to tie the colors in a bit better. I was going to rhinestone the inside of the bra snappers to give better definition, but the stones were too big. I tried using the glitter paint to give the feet claws, but the brush was too wide. I made a bold move and painted the inside of the snappers with the glitter paint, giving it a light glaze. I still need to get some fresh eyes for the bra snappers. I worked on both until well after midnight. Not the best idea when I have some touring in a couple days.
Today I hit Joann Fabrics in search of supplies. I needed fabric for panties and fabric for the panty panel -- fail. I also needed more washers and magnets -- fail. I did manage to pick up another bottle of glitter paint, spending $3.26 more on this project. Then I finished painting one edge of the third panel.
I travel Thursday so I'm off this costume until I return home. Since I'm not teaching in Memphis this weekend, I changed my flight to give myself time to get the last supplies I need to finish this costume.
Total so far: $349.19 and 92:25