Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My Final Reveal: One Down

Sorry about the picture quality.  You see, I got this groovy new phone a week ago.  The major problem right now is that the photos I take with it look normal after I shoot them, then they look like this when I look at them in the gallery or try to upload them.  I see myself on the phone with customer service tonight.

But back to what's really important.  I finally finished rhinestoning the first snapper on the yoke.  I even started the second one.  I took a dry iron (over a pressing cloth) to both sides of the completed design to try to melt any loose stones into place.  Seems to have worked.

It is still taking forever for the glue to melt on the stones, so I adjusted my time spent this morning, leaving out the time I read a book and worked out between gluing stones (even though the tool was heating the next stone while I worked).  I also spent some time painting part of the design on the first side panel.  There are four and a half panels that will have that design, so I'm trying to ease the husband's workload where I can.

I'm going to try to finish putting the snaps on the rear panel and inside back of the yoke this afternoon.  Fingers crossed I get it done.  Time's a-wastin'!

Total so far: $331.22 and 44:35

No comments:

Post a Comment