But I knew it wouldn't be perfect right out of the gate. I do have a pattern I can use to make a nude underbra (in the correct size with the right wires). I'm sure I could make a better bra next time. This was my first time to sew with a ball needle. It was my first time to machine sew around metal. I made my mistakes on this project and not on a costume bra. I learned more about lingerie fabrics that support, stretch, and corral. I spent about $10 on the pattern and about $10 on the kit of materials; I've paid more for things that weren't as educational. I also learned the order for putting a bra together from scratch.
I'm going to collect up the supplies to make this same pattern in nude so I can wear it in venues where I need my sinful underboob covered to comply with vice laws. I still have to pattern the full coverage bra from another bra I have, using what I learned from this experience to make something good.
I just got a book on how to make corsets in the mail. I really hope that my first corset doesn't turn out this janky.