Saturday, May 5, 2012
The Leftover Showgirl
I scoured through my box of trim to see what I had on hand that matched fabric I had. I wound up using leftover painted strips of English net from my panels and a smidge of extra fabric from the larger panels. The net bra has spare rhinestones from Andrew's disco undies and beaded trim from my fourth burlesque costume ever. The feathers on her head were from the order I made for my first feather fans back in 2007. Her eyelashes were from a collection passed to me by Evie. I cheated and used glues on the costume instead of sewing, but we used thread to tack the costume onto the puppet.
I'm pleased with the Leftover Showgirl. It's stuff like this that keeps us from throwing away the tiniest bits of leftover fabric and trim.