Wednesday, April 4, 2012
My Final Reveal: Time Wise
I spent two and a half hours on my costume when I got home. I stitched the ribbon top for the snaps on the front panel and carefully repaired a wonky gather on the rear panel. I continued stoning on the yoke front. Between stones I cut pasties for the costume and located the Heat & Bond for an experiment. (My house has been ransacked by projects, so it takes me a little time to look for things.) Tomorrow I'm going to test the Heat & Bond on the fabric I intend to use to cover the bra back, then test it on some fabric that's comparable to the stretchy bra fabric. I'm hoping I can get away with just stitching the edges; that would make my life much easier. We'll see what happens tomorrow.
My goal for the work day (office projects permitting) is to put the snaps on the front skirt panel and finish the front snapper. Maybe I'll even get the pasties embellished. Andrew is mostly finished with the first of the four and a half painted panels. We'll see if I can knock that half panel out when I get home from work.
This is crunch time for the costume. I already know that all of the embellishment possible for the costume will not be completed by next weekend. I can still add more stones to the yoke later, add stones to the front and rear panels, maybe incorporate the handpainted design in some other places. For the costume debut, it will be neatly completed. All hems done, all closures in place, all embellishments even. The fancy costumes I make usually get a little more special treatment as time goes by. This isn't a surprise at all.
Total so far: $331.22 and 50:35