Wednesday, October 24, 2012

My Final Reveal: Bands

I spent about thirty minutes working on a new headband to match my costume.  A few months ago I picked up a handful of "love" headbands (see photo) for $1 each.  I peeled the "love" fabric off one and replaced it with leftover spandex from my underthings.  You can see some bumps from the hot glue through the fabric, so I'm going to slap some rhinestones on it later.

I also received my package of lingerie supplies from Sew Sassy.  I was stocking up on supplies for some other projects, so I'm just going to count the costs of what I'm actually using for this project.  My bra wires were 55 cents for the pair.  (They come in packs of six pair, but I'm okay with that since I'm making my own underthings when I can.  I'll use all the wires.  I used some tubular channeling at $1.20 a yard, and some finishing elastic at 85 cents a yard.  I ran elastic on the lower edge of the bra band, and I attached the underwire channels to the band.  I made the band on the large side, so I'm going to have to take an inch or two out of it before I add the elastic along the top of the band.

The next problem I really have to solve is how best to construct my bootcut disco pants.  I'd prefer not to have to draft that pattern from scratch, but I'll do it if I must.

Total spent so far: 4:15 and $160.60.

No comments:

Post a Comment