Thursday, November 10, 2016

Atomic Thursday: Nautical Nonsense

It's Thursday which means it's time for me to share another Atomic Cosmetics review with you. I've tried many things and replaced most of my makeup and skin care products with Atomic. If you have a question about anything that I've used, I'm more than happy to answer it.

Atomic Cosmetics: Nautical Nonsense
Very fine and very shiny

Nautical Nonsense is a bronze highlight powder. I don't wear it in daily life because my BB Cream gives me plenty of glow. I save it for stage and for photo shoots. It gives a nice sun-kissed glow and elevates a look.

A little goes a long way with this stuff. I apply it at the end of my stage makeup session. I swirl a little on a smaller contour brush inside the lid and tap off any excess powder. That part's pretty important because it can leave some pigment (not just shine) if I apply it too thick. A swipe down the nose, chin, center of the forehead, top of the cheekbones and brow bone. Remember to be gentle with the application.

I use this on myself for every stage show. Sometimes I put some on my cleavage. I also used this on Mr. Snapper when he hosted Treklesque as Captain Kirk. Kirk is a little bronze in the reference photo we used. He applied Spackle first. I contoured his face lightly, hit him with some Setting Powder and dusted him off with some Nautical Nonsense. While the photo was under terrible backstage lighting, you can see how he glows.

A container of Nautical Nonsense will last you a nice, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment