Sunday, February 7, 2010

Boulder Holders

My birthday was this week, so I decided to splurge and get some new bras.  My friend Veranda suggested going to Wizard of Bras in Monrovia.  I have a small frame but I can fill out a sweater, so I have a hard time finding bras that fit.  (I'm also VERY offended when the girls in lingerie stores suggest I buy the "sister size" so the cups fit but the band shifts around.  That's a great way for them to kill a sale.)  Veranda told me I needed to visit the Wizard of Bras.

The way the store works is you go in and fill out a card at the register so they can call for you when they're ready.  They have a waiting room from which they retrieve you when ready.  They take you into a fitting room, measure you and grab a bra for you to try.  I discovered I was two cup sizes bigger than I usually buy!  They check the fit in the back, under the arms and in the front.  Then they bring you a load of bras in that size in the color you want.  You can try on as many as you like.  The prices range from $26 to over $100.  You can wear your bra out of the store if you like.  I splurged and spent $90 on two bras, and I'll definitely go back.

I don't know that I'm at the point in my life that I can afford to spend that much on bras for performance yet, but I know exactly what to look for in a bra fit so I can be smarter about my show bras.  I never knew bras could fit so well!  I highly recommend visiting the shop if you're in Southern California, or hit the site for proper bra fitting techniques if you're not.

No comments:

Post a Comment