Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My First Facebook Ad

For Sunday's Sassy Classy, I decided to buy a Facebook ad.  In my Clark Kent life, I noticed one of my clients bought a Facebook ad to promote an event.  Always seeking new ways to promote, I asked the client if it was successful.  He said it was very successful because he could target the ad to reach certain people.  I then promptly purchased an ad for my show.

I can't say that the ad necessarily increased attendance at my February show.  Most of the folks who RSVPed were people I already knew from life.  However, it did serve as a reminder that the event was happening for those people.  Next time I'll select keywords for my ad that are a little more diverse because I marketed to the people who would likely be there anyway.  It also got the show name and image out there, so next time I'm likely to have even more people there.

No comments:

Post a Comment