Monday, April 12, 2010

Corset Bits & Pieces

I went downtown with the lovely Evie Lovelle over the weekend to select some fabrics for my new costume.  Evie is helping me with the majority of the costume, and Anastasia von Teaserhausen is making the corset.  We had to shop for fabrics for the corset lining and outside that would work well with the rest of the costume, but that were still neutral enough for the corset to be incorporated into other numbers.  The fabric at the bottom is for the outside of the corset.  The fabric on the right is the lining and on the left is for the binding.

Anastasia is working her creative fingers to the bone right now to finish my corset within the week.  She's done such a wonderful job and is sending me picture message updates.  Today I got a photo of the corset with the busk installed. It's absolutely gorgeous.  The fabric color in the top photo is truer, but the bottom photo shows you how wonderfully she matched the pattern.  Anastasia's work is beautiful.  I really look forward to the end product.

If you'd like to contact Anastasia for your corset needs, shoot me and email and I'll pass your info along.  :)  msredsnapper/gmail.

No comments:

Post a Comment