Sunday, July 14, 2013

My Final Reveal: Mr. Snapper Edition part 4

(Guest post by Mr. Snapper.)
   
On Thursday, I made my shopping list for the things I need to buy to round out my ‘66 Batman costume. By the time I finished, the sheer number of things left to do in a little over a week left me dispirited. Add to that co-hosting another show Friday night was Garth to Mr. Buddy’s Wayne:
 
 
Also, Red and I are renewing our vows at the Monday Night Tease in August, a show that she’s been diligently working on for the past six months, and which I really need to concentrate on:
 
 
So I decided to put Batman ‘66 on hold. I don’t have the time or resources to make it look as good as I want it to. I have a choice: toil like mad, hijacking Red from the rewedding work to help me, and wind up with a costume I’m unhappy with, or just stick with the costume I already have that I’m unhappy with. An easy choice, really.
 
The main problem with the “Halloween” costume was the cowl. I added in a gusset today, so it fits my massive melon, opened up the eye holes so I don’t look cross-eyed, and tried the whole shebang on with those Funtastic hero boots I purchased last week. It will get me through Comic-con.
 
This is not the end of Gotham Girls, and I will finish this costume.  I figure I have about four weeks of work to do on the costume. Completely doable, just not in the week I have left. After the rewedding is over and before we start shifting into Nearly Naked Nutcracker work, I can spend more time on the ‘66 costume.
 
Sometimes, you have to step back, reassess, and switch gears. Or, as they say, “Retreat, Regroup, Reapproach.” This was one of those times. I’m not happy about this, but I feel good about it. If that makes any sense.
 
And now, for no particular reason, the Tumbler if it were styled after George Barris’ ‘66 Batmobile:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment