Friday, November 13, 2009

Free Gift With Purchase


I like thanking my audience because they keep me employed and I couldn't do what I do without them.  At Monday Night Tease's Muppet of Burlesque show last year, Mr. Snapper and I made more than thirty crocodile hand puppets to give to the audience to participate in my number.  The puppets were decorated by me, Mr. Snapper and several performers from the Los Angeles burlesque scene.  (Why crocodiles?  I dress up like Elton John from his Muppet Show appearance and dance to "Crocodile Rock" and conduct the choir of little crocs as I'm chased around the stage and stripped by a big croc puppet.)

This year we made more than fifty to share with the audience.  While they're cheaply made from leftover fabric, trim & glue, the audience loves that they get to participate in the show and take something home with them.  People still have them from last year's show.  We had help decorating forty of them last night at craft night.  You can see personalities in these creations.  The photo represents about half of the creatures.  Personalities you can spot above: Satan, Edgar Winter, nerd croc, Mister T, bondage croc, beaver croc, cardinal croc, Miss Angie Cakes, Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, angry Indians fan croc, cyclops croc and Marge Simpson.

If you're in Los Angeles, you don't want to miss this show and my little gift of appreciation for your support.  Go here for advance tickets.  You'll know when it's time to participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment