Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Slideshow from Muppet Burlesque 2009

L.A. Weekly came to our show Monday night.  You can see more photos here.  I grabbed these two photos shot by Shannon Cottrell to show you how Mr. Snapper and I spent our evening.


This is the end of the act.  The crocodile strips me as I don the Elton John "Crocodile Rock" costume from "The Muppet Show."  We have a dance break in the middle, and then the croc takes my top at the end.  This year I chased him off the stage as he ran with my top.  Last year I ran off the stage with him biting my ass.  It's a crazy good time.




The really delightful part of my act is when the audience joins in with the crocodile puppets we made (with decorating help from our Los Angeles burlesque family).  They sing along for the la-la-las.  This year the crocs were joined by their operators who weren't satisfied just letting the puppets sing along.  You can tell by the happy, open mouths that they loved singing along.  The puppets were souvenirs for the audience to take home and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment