Thursday, December 10, 2009

Ballet Recital

Yesterday I danced in my first ballet recital at school.  I've been taking ballet for the past year and a half to improve my form and grace.  I was a scrappy kid who climbed trees and fought the neighbor kids yet got good grades, and dance classes were not on my parents' agenda for me.  I've gotten a late start in dance classes.

I recognize in class when my form isn't perfect, when I mess up a move or get dizzy while trying to spot.  I also recognize how easy it is to just follow the music and stay aware of the other dancers.  I think that's why the teacher asked me to dance in the recital.  At noon yesterday, I joined a handful of other students from the beginning ballet class in a dance phrase with leaps and turns.  I'm proud to say it looked good.  I hope I can fit the class into my schedule in the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment