Tuesday, December 1, 2009

New Fans A-Comin'


I shot a promotional video for Striptease Symposium over the holiday weekend.  Saturday we taped me doing a fan dance, and my fans (in photo by SH Photo) are looking pretty ragged.  You see, the fans staves are junior Sally Rands from my first pair of fans. They were once a lovely light blue.  When I did Pin-Up Girls last fall, the costume designer insisted on putting me in an emerald and pearl costume for my fan dance and my fans didn't match.  I deconstructed the pretty fans and bought bigger feathers to create the fans seen in the 2010 L.A. Burlesque calendar.  My peach and green fans that are looking pretty skanky so I'm really looking forward to the replacements.

The new fans will be ready Wednesday and I'll get them Friday.  They're from Fabulous Feathers, a local company endorsed by Catherine D'Lish.  They're so well-constructed.  And my new fans are light blue, replacing the original junior fans I first had.

No comments:

Post a Comment