Friday, May 28, 2010

Biscuits & Gravy Tour: Snapper Does Austin

Most of my second day in Texas was spent en route to Austin.  I did get a pit stop on the way at one of my favorite restaurants, Cracker Barrel.  I enjoyed a sugar ham biscuit, scrambled eggs with cheese (is there any other way to have them?), fried apples and hashbrown casserole.  It was absolutely heavenly.  I also stocked up on snacks and souvenirs for Mr. Snapper from the gift shop.  (Most of the souvenirs I brought home for him were snacks from Cracker Barrel.)

We hit the road for trafficky Austin, and Vivienne and I were not disappointed by the amount of traffic (meaning there was a lot, as predicted).  We enjoyed a wonderful meal at Stubb's before the show.  (Here's a photo of my BBQ pork sandwich, best with cole slaw inside the sandwich, and potato salad to the side.)  I devoured everything on my plate before hitting the dress rehearsal for the big show.

The Kings N Things 8th Birthday show was tons of fun.  Here's a photo of me backstage after my performance and before I went back out to man my merch table.  My hair made quite an impact on the audience.  I had an absolute blast performing.  It was my first experience with drag kings, and it was absolutely delightful.  It was a successful merch experience as well.  I discovered it's handy to have inexpensive buttons available on the merch table so newly made fans can take a little bit of Snapper home with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment