Monday, May 31, 2010

Biscuits & Gravy Tour: Broads and Panties in Ft. Worth

I spent the Saturday night I was in Texas performing at Broads and Panties in Ft. Worth.  This wonderful show was put together by my dear friend and hostess, Vivienne Vermouth.  We performed at Landers Machine Shop, a grubby but progressive venue in the warehouse district.  I performed my fan dance (photo by Lou O'Neal) and my Stepford Wife number.

Touring is wonderful.  I met so many performers from Texas and Oklahoma at this show.  Since I closed both sets of the evening, I got to see most of the performers do at least one number, some I saw twice.  I met some absolutely delightful folks then spent the early morning having breakfast with them after the show.  Different shows, different circumstances, different people.  Ft. Worth is pretty darn humid this time of year, so I was "glowing" the entire night.  I was so sweaty that I couldn't untie my bra top and wound up tearing the tie so the audience could get the final reveal they deserved for sitting in that heat.

I look forward to my return trip to Texas this winter.  I can't wait to see these lovely people again.

No comments:

Post a Comment