Monday, July 19, 2010

CBF: Day Two

Colorado Burlesque Festival was a little different from some of the other Thursday thru Sunday festivals in that there were no daytime activities as part of the festival on the weekdays.  Scarlett Letter, Panama Red and I took this opportunity to be tourists.  Our major stop:  Hammond's Candies.

Hammond's Candies has a free factory tour.  The price was right and we all love candy, so we braved the heat to get some candy.  The tour was fantastic and there were so many free samples on the tour.  I do wish that I had purchased more candy after the tour.  I was on a budget at the time, so I didn't indulge as much as I would have liked.  The candy making process is fascinating.  Panama (in a Red Snapper tee) and I posed by the old candy delivery truck.

The evening held my performance at the V.I.P. Evening.  I was early in the show so I got to see most of the event when I was done dancing.  It was a joy to put Mega Costume in front of an audience that didn't follow the play-by-play of my process.  I'm in love with the venue.  It was a joy to share the stage with so many wonderful performers.

Something else very notable about this festival was how grateful the producers were.  I was thanked by each of the four producers no less than twice for participating in the festival.  They were very appreciative of each and every participant.  We all know that festivals can't happen without performers, and they made sure the performers knew how important they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment