Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Future of Sassy Classy

I'm performing at the Colorado Burlesque Festival this weekend, and I found what I want for Sassy Classy. Last night I performed at Lannie's Clock Tower Cabaret. The stage was a nice size and it was really lit well. The house has rows and rows of tables so patrons can eat and drink. The venue has a full bar and serves appetizers and desserts. Every patron is supplies with a noisemaker like the ones you get at New Year's parties (that sound like you're winding something up). Patrons can buy wigs, tiaras, boas & gloves to feel more like part of the show. The energy in the space is amazing.

I tried Sassy Classy in a theater because I wanted it to feel like this show and I wanted to capture the theatre-going audience. It's a blessing in disguise that I'm losing the venue (can't get the same sweet rates now). The show will be on hiatus until I can find something closer to my heart's desire.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.3.7

No comments:

Post a Comment