Sunday, January 15, 2012

My New Hobby

I don't really have "hobbies" (things I do for fun with no intention of making money from them) outside of eating and watching television. But I've found a new hobby: becoming ambidextrous.

I'm becoming ambidextrous out of necessity. Years of typing, mouse-clicking, hand stitching and beading without giving my right hand a proper break (because I get obsessive about finishing things) have taken their toll. My physician told me to take it easy, that I could get physical therapy if I really need it. The only other solution is surgery if it gets to be that unbearable, and there's always the possibility that surgery could make it worse. I figure evening out the workload between my hands is a better option.

My first successes have been in the craft world. I hand stitched the mouth in a puppet as a lefty. I'm also cutting snapper mouths as a lefty. It's tough, but I know it'll get easier over time.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment