Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Five Down

As you may recall, dear reader, I challenged myself to take 100 dance classes last year to get fit, learn technique, and become even more awesome.  I didn't lose any weight, and that really bothered me.  I started a new fitness regimen just under a month ago.  I like this regimen because I don't have to go to a gym.  I don't even have to put on a bra if I don't want.  It cost me $150 for a stationary bike that was on sale.  I already had a Pilates mat, and a pair of 2 lb. hand weights to fill in until I can find a 4 lb. workout bar.  I also bought a jump rope, but I haven't found a way to fit that into my workout without hitting an enthusiastic Buster in the face every time I rotate the rope.

I haven't made any major changes to my diet.  I only have one alcoholic beverage when we go out so I don't wind up too full for food or wasting my drink.  I'm trying to eat my way through all the fruits and veggies we get in our home delivery before they go bad.  I still eat pizza.  I tend to have cookies for breakfast.  I had a beer and cheese crackers before bed, and I hoovered a huge piece of raspberry cake the other night.  I do say no to late-night snacks when I'm not especially hungry.  I'm not eating past the point of being full.  I haven't eliminated any foods from my diet.

I'm down five pounds from when I started this workout.  I do the full workout three days a week, and I try to put in at least two off-day workouts, four if time permits.  I'm very pleased with my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment