Sunday, April 28, 2013

My Final Reveal: It Takes a Village

Layering fabric paint, beads & rhinestones
Since my last blog, we've spent 13 hours on the costume.  I've installed snaps on the bra straps for what I think will be an awesome reveal.  I basted the appliques to the bra and spent a few minutes painting the flowers on the trim.  The rest of the time has been spent hand beading.  I'm not doing it alone.  Dearly devoted Mr. Snapper has put in four hours of hand beading time on the costume.  He knows I have hand issues (since most of my hand sewing has been with my left hand over the past several months), and he knows that I have to hand bead the costume to make it look as awesome as possible.  I'm fortunate that he's willing and able to help me make things happen.


Look at those shoes!
I spent $24.27 on a pair of shoes that match the trim on the undergarments.  They have a low heel and closed toe.  Since I bought them on Amazon and not in a store, I didn't try them on.  They're a little loose.  I tried dancing in them today and they're going to need a little bit of felt or moleskin inside so they grip my heels better.  I may or may not rhinestone them.

I buy rhinestones next weekend.  Let's see if I can keep this costume under $250.

Total spent to date: $143.27 and 32:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment