Saturday, August 20, 2011

Dance Class Challenge: 46/100 - The Trainer's Edge: Long & Lean Yoga

My work schedule has been a bit rough at the day job since I started working 40 hours a week.  Since I'm covering for someone who's on maternity leave, I can't really get off early enough to make it to some of the dance classes I really want to take.  There have also been those days in the past month where I wanted to do nothing more than fall asleep when I got home.  In an effort to fight that off and do something productive, I tried The Trainer's Edge: Long & Lean Yoga with Baron Baptiste on Netflix Instant on Thursday night.

I've dabbled in yoga, but this is the first time I heard the term 'internal heat' in reference to yoga.  The instructor talked about generating an internal heat while working through the poses.  This is the first time I experienced that internal heat.  I needed a 1980's sweatband to keep the perspiration out of my eyes while I was just standing there in a pose.  It was intense.  I didn't expect to get so hot and sweaty during a yoga workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment