Sunday, October 18, 2009

Private Parties


I enjoy dancing at private parties.  I danced at a private party last night for this tattoo shop in Azusa.  (The only reason I'm sharing who hosted the 'private' party is because they had a flier.)  It was my first time dancing behind a tattoo parlor and it was a lot of fun.

The curious thing about private parties is that you never know how the audience will react.  At established burlesque shows, the crowd knows how to behave and when to cheer.  At private shows, you don't know if the people in the audience know what burlesque is or if they've ever seen it before.  Last night's crowd was great.  The music was so loud that it was hard to hear them cheering until the end, but I did hear someone say early in my number, "I love this song!"  That was great.

Another great thing about private parties is finding a new audience and making new fans in that audience.  The gentleman who booked us saw our Quentin Tarantino show at Monday Night Tease and wanted to bring burlesque to this crowd.  There may now be a demand for our talents in this area after last night's show.

No comments:

Post a Comment