Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Project List

I built a lot of costumes and acts in my first year as a professional burlesque performer.  It was an expensive time.  I had more money to burn and I don't regret spending any of it.  I still use costumes and numbers from my first year.  When someone would ask me to do their show (even if it required a completely new number or a "one-off" number that I probably would never do again), I would say, "Absolutely I will."

Because I had so many numbers to build my first year, I put a list on my wall so I could get everything done on time.  I'd put the month the number had to be ready with a to-do list for each number below.  It helped me keep my head straight and prioritize my activities.  That ensured everything would get done on time.

I have plenty of numbers to cover any upcoming gigs.  I'm not worried about quantity of numbers in my arsenal.  I'm now focusing on quality because I can with my current job situation.  I'm taking my time building costumes and working out new numbers.  And to return to a successful action, I'm writing down due dates for all of my new numbers along with to-do lists.  When I have time available at home, I can just tackle items on the to-do lists so my numbers are ready with the quality I now demand.

No comments:

Post a Comment