Tuesday, November 16, 2010

November 10 Challenge: Swing I

Class 5 of 10:  Tonight was our second night of swing dancing.  We reviewed last week's lesson and worked on turning and the "cuddle."  Class went very well.

I tried not to back lead in class today.  I have a strong personality so it can be touch for me to follow someone else.  I made an effort today to just go where my partner sent me, even if the step was out of sequence with our drills.  I also partnered with three students I didn't get to partner with last week.  It's wonderful changing partners in class because I can spot my own weaknesses better.  There really is something to be said for having a strong lead.  One of my classmates just finished Lindy hop and lead me wonderfully, keeping up intelligent conversation as we danced.  I wasn't exhausted or dizzy afterward, and I could've kept going.  Once we start hitting clubs with our new social dance skills, I'm going to have my eye out for the strong leads (because Mr. Snapper and I can dance together anytime).

2 comments:

  1. Dear Snapper,

    I did it! With a combo of zumba, yoga, belly, and hip hop, I took exactly 10 dance(y) classes in November! It was a busy month with 10 classes, 7 private lessons, 5 shows, 1 bachelorette, and a partridge in a pear tree, and your challenge helped me along. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I didn't quite make it. I was going to cram in three more classes over the holiday but most places were closed. I did register for a class then was told it was canceled three hours before. :( By the end of tonight I'll be up to 7.5 classes for November, but I had a bunch of shows, the flash mob, a private student, law and dance history classes, and an injury late in the month (which is better now). I think I'm going to try again in January or February.

    I'm so happy you did it, especially with such a full plate of activity!

    ReplyDelete