Sunday, November 7, 2010

November 10 Challenge: Vinyasa Flow Yoga

I decided to challenge myself this month by taking ten dance classes, and my dance history classes don't count.  I want to improve my technique and lose the pounds from my slothful September (thanks to a head cold and dental work).  It's also not a bad idea to go into the eating holidays with the discipline of getting off the couch, leaving the house and earning my desserts.  I've extended this challenge to other dancers, and I hope I hear back on the classes they take.

Class 1 of 10:  This morning I accompanied the lovely Evie Lovelle to Vinyasa Flow Yoga at Liberation Yoga.  (I'm counting yoga in my November 10 since it will help develop my stamina, flexibility and concentration.) I've only taken one yoga class before, and that totally kicked my ass.  Today's class was exhausting and refreshing at the same time.  I find that I can't think about anything else when I'm in dance class, and the same goes for yoga.  I struggled with some of the moves (balancing is difficult at times), but I stayed with it and got a great workout.  I look forward to going back.

*For those of you who want to play along but have tough schedules, use dance videos to fill in the gaps.  Just make sure you do the entire workout in the dance video so you get the full time and benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment