Wednesday, November 24, 2010

November 10 Challenge: Swing I

Class 6 of 10:  This is the first dance class I've taken in a week.  As you can see, I've been busy performing. :)  I'm going to try to make it to three more classes plus next week's swing class by the end of the month!

Last night we learned more moves in swing class.  I partnered with someone completely different and two fellows I've danced with before.  For the last part of the evening, I was allowed to return to Mr. Snapper to dance the last song and learn how to incorporate the Charleston into our little combination.  It was nice returning to him after we'd both spent time learning with other people so we could demonstrate what we learned.  We also learned a move that may just make its way into our disco duet for my birthday show in February.

The ultimate test of my swing dance classes will be this Sunday night.  I'm going to the Cicada Club with friends this Sunday to put my skills to use.  I hope that the three classes I've had will translate well to real world application.  That's the ultimate test of anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment