Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Dance Class Challenge: 3/100 - Intermediate/Advanced Pole

This is me in 2006.  I was fit and pretty damn good on the pole.  I took pole several times a week for nearly four months when this photo was shot.  Then I took pole at least once a week from this point until the beginning of 2008 when I got busy as a burlesque dancer.  I was injured in mid-2008 and stopped doing pole as frequently.  Needless to say, I'm a bit rusty.

Aphrodite now offers drop-in pole classes perfect for people like me - trained but out of practice.  Last night I took my first pole class in three years.  We started with conditioning (exactly what I needed) to get the body in shape to do cool inversions and stunts.  Then we worked on a couple new tricks, a combination of tricks, and reviewed some of the basic spins.  I'm really looking forward to next week's class.

Of course, right now I'm sore everywhere.  Saturday's class worked my hips and back.  Sunday's teaching worked my abs and back.  Monday's show worked my legs.  Last night's class worked my arms and shoulders.  I'm very happy that today is my day of rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment