Saturday, April 2, 2011

Dance Class Challenge: 14/100 - Pilates

I know I've mentioned on more than one occasion that I was really fit back in 2006 and 2007.  I was in pole classes several times a week, and I supplemented those with Pilates classes at Studio Soma in West Hollywood.  I was very active and could keep pace in Pilates mat classes with little effort.  Then I hurt my tailbone (maybe broke it) back in 2008 and things changed for me.  Soma also housed my pole classes and belly dance classes, and those things both moved out of the studio so I didn't find myself in the area as much.  Today I went back to Pilates class to get back into some kind of physical groove.

I don't have the core strength I had before but the gist of the movements came back like second nature.  I really felt my body working.  It's an intense 60 minutes.  I felt positively challenged and I'm glad I didn't eat more sausage before class.  This class has been very good for me in the past.  I look forward to returning for another round.

I have to give props to my workout buddy, Evie Lovelle.  It's very encouraging when you have a friend who wants to go with you to different classes and try new things.  It helps me feel less alone on this challenge.  It's also helped me get motivated enough to crawl out from under mounds of crafts on my couch to do something physical.  Let's see what I can talk her into taking with me next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment