Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Corset Time: Moving Right Along

Since my last post, I added the boning channels and waist tape. Because I've made a few corsets and I know this particular pattern really well, I knew where to put the waist tape. This would usually be established in the fitting stage of the muslin mock-up. I get to bypass that.

I also worked out a neat trick to make it easier and more efficient to place the boning channels and waist tape. I used Stitch Witchery to secure the waist tape and to place the boning channels against the seams inside the coutil. I know the pattern and know my body, so I know how many boning channels I will need to appropriately support my body. This is the stage where additional boning channels can be added. After the channels were temporarily bonded to the coutil, I stitched them down.

Busk next! So far I'm at 3:45.

No comments:

Post a Comment