I'm saving time by using a successful pattern. I altered an overbust pattern for my Rewedding corset, and I made a muslin mock-up for a fitting before I made the final garment. I didn't have to fit this pattern again because I know how it fits. This saves me two to three hours in cutting, stitching, lacing, and fitting. Students won't have this shortcut for their first corset.
I recently had my sewing machine serviced, and I was reminded by the technician that my machine has some cool embroidery stitches. For under $3 and thirty minutes, I embroidered the seams of the shell with beautiful gold leaves. I pressed all the seam allowances toward the back of the garment and stitched directly on the seams. I would probably use appliqué backing if I was going to do anything with more stitches to further support the fabric. I'll probably use the gold thread on the busk openings.
Next time I'll have the coutil done.