Sunday, January 31, 2010

Immortalized

I've had some wonderful and exciting opportunities afforded to me in my short time as a professional burlesque performer.  Today I had my chest immortalized in plaster for Keep-A-Breast Foundation.  Many performers I greatly respect have participated in this project previously, so I jumped at the chance to be part.

I'm glad it was a warm day in Los Angeles.  I was wrapped from the waist down so I didn't get plaster on my dance pants.  My top was bare and I had to put my hair up so I didn't get it all crusty and in the way.  After oiling myself down so the plaster would eventually peel away from my skin, I was mummified by Shaney Jo.  It was a pretty quick process.  As the plaster started drying, I could feel it peeling away from my skin and the cast became heavier than when it was still wet and stuck to my body.  When it was dry enough, I wriggled free and Shaney Jo trimmed it up.  It was exciting and fun to participate.

My cast will be painted by a tiki artist and auctioned off at Tiki Oasis in August.  I can't wait to see the final representation of my immortalized boobs!

No comments:

Post a Comment