Sunday, November 11, 2012
My Final Reveal: Done (Mostly)
A little side note on interfacing: always test the interfacing on a scrap of the same fabric. In my rush to get it done so I could take the pants with me to work, I didn't test. I steamed the interfacing to bond it to the pants and reduce the stretch, threw them in my bag and split for work. When I tried them on at work, I noticed that some of the holographic dots had melted off. Yikes! I'm going to have to drop some stones on the waistband to deal with the accidental blandness.
I took in the back and side seams of the pants and attached the rest of the waistband while I had a break at work. This is a photo of my pants fitting at the ol' office. I then spent a little time putting rhinestones on my headband.
Saturday was a busy day of finishing the waistband, adding hooks to the front of the pants, and working out the solution for my exuberant boobs. I cut lower bra cups from some black net and attached it to the cups of the monokini. I then stitched hooks and eyes onto the monokini and underbra so I can keep my boobs in check.
I had my first dress rehearsal of the number last night and saw how my costume pieces worked together. (I'm lucky that I can hide knee pads inside my stripper boots.) I had another dress rehearsal today with my coach and it worked fantastically. A few little tweaks and it's ready for an audience.
Total spent so far: 33:00 and $243.80.