Monday, November 5, 2012

My Final Reveal: Hopeless Optimist - Population One

Yesterday I boasted that I could finish this costume in less than 25 hours.  Dumbass.  I spent six hours on it today and didn't even get started on the pants.  GROAN.

The pasties and assels are done except for dropping on the tassels.  I rhinestoned the underbra and panties.  The monokini still needs the ass pads installed to hide the assels.  It also needs a closure and some snaps to tidy up the line with the underbra.  I had hoped to cut and stitch my gauntlets and cut the pants tonight, but I ran out of time.

I reach a point with every costume where I ask, "What was I thinking?"  That happened today.  I'm working with spandex that isn't very stretchy because of the foil print.  I'm making a monokini that requires bust supports because I don't have the chest for your average monokini.  I was losing my mind less than an hour ago.

Tomorrow is a new day.  I'm cutting those pants and gauntlets before my first cup of coffee.

Total spent so far: 15:45 and $243.80.

No comments:

Post a Comment