Thursday, November 8, 2012

My Final Reveal: Droopy

I concentrated on my crotch last night.  I used the pattern fly and underlap, but I didn't consider the fact that I was going to open up the fly completely in order to escape from the pants.  This meant I had to make a longer fly and longer underlap that went all the way to the crotch.  I put snap tape in the crotch so the front will open completely.  (I had some leftover white snap tape and took black spray paint to it.)  With picking out the seams from the tiny fly, cutting the replacement parts, and installing them, last night's fun took an hour and a half.

I spent three hours installing the inseam zippers and stitching up the side seams today.  It took a little extra care to make sure everything lined up perfectly.  I did my fitting and discovered that the pants are a bit too large.  At least the zipper and fly work as intended.  I have some alterations to make, but I think right now I just want a nap.

Total spent so far: 27:00 and $243.80.

No comments:

Post a Comment