Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Early Influences

It's strange to me how I got into burlesque. I took pole dancing classes for a few years (which is another story) and had an incredible teacher who helped me discover that I could be sexy and I could dance. I was in her master pole class where we learned choreography and tough tricks and blended the two. We'd cover a different dance style each session.

This video is from my last pole recital with her in December 2007. (I had to stop going to classes because my burlesque performance schedule conflicted. Then the economy crashed so I couldn't afford my addiction.) This number opens with the toughest pole trick I've ever learned. I don't know that I did it again after the show.



This is a Leg Avenue costume that I pulled apart. I put rhinestones on the skirt and use it for my school girl burlesque number now.

No comments:

Post a Comment