Thursday, September 17, 2009

Whoops!

This is a rendering of one of my favorite numbers by one of my favorite artists, Sebastian Kadlecik.  I did this number last night to close my evening of hosting at Peepshow Menagerie.  I love this number because it incorporates a number of lessons learned from many teachers.  It's a Foo Fighters song I absolutely love, and it's the only number I have where I get to wear a hoodie.

Last night something happened.  My music was skipping.  I knew the cd worked because I practiced to it in my living room before the show.  I later found out a second cd player was on a the time and it was trying to mix or something.  Anyway, my song kept skipping.  I didn't freak out.  What ran through my head was "If the music stops and I keep going, what happens if the music starts up again and I then have two minutes of music but no clothing left?"  So I played with it.  I tried milking it and making the audience laugh about it because it was pretty hilarious.  If I didn't know the song so well it might have been a real problem.

I think it worked.  People seemed to enjoy it, and the last third of the song didn't skip after the sound guy spotted the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment