Thursday, September 10, 2009

New Orleans, Here I Come!

I'm performing at New Orleans Burlesque Festival's Burlesque Bash on Saturday at House of Blues. I'm really excited about the whole thing. Here's what I posted on my personal blog when I found out I was accepted:

I've been accepted to perform at the New Orleans Burlesque Fest in September. I'm very excited to bring Red Snapper burlesque to a new city, and I'm also excited to go to New Orleans for the first time ever. (I grew up a few hours from Louisiana but I've never even been to Louisiana.) What's even better is that I'm performing in the late show on September 12th at the House of Blues. Holy shit! John Mayer has performed on that stage!


I submitted a number I put together for Memorial Day - Rosie the Riveter. It's cute and short. The photo to the left was shot by Dan Hendricks. I was going to submit a different number, but the technical aspects of that number (clothing made entirely of paper) were a little too complicated to risk. I'll be working the number the rest of the summer, a nice blend of classic striptease and cutesy comedy.

I've been rehearsing it in my living room a lot so everything is just right.  I'm not competing at this festival, and I'm really happy about that.  I think I'll be able to enjoy myself more by just dancing.


I leave Friday morning and arrive in New Orleans that afternoon.  I look forward to seeing shows, meeting new people, dancing and pigging out on crab cakes.  For updates during my trip, follow me on Twitter (code word: snapperama).

No comments:

Post a Comment