Friday, September 25, 2009

Kid in a Candy Store


As I mentioned in my last post, I was thrilled to have the opportunity to perform at House of Blues in New Orleans.  I grew up listening to live music and went to my first rock concert when I was four or five.  I love going to concerts so this was the perfect place for me.  I took a photo of one of the many walls of bands that sold out the venue before.  Foo Fighters sold out twice.  I love me some Foo Fighters.  (I dance to two Foo Fighters songs.)

Being in such a rock star environment, I felt a little like a rock star myself. I found myself in the bathroom before the show with a Sharpie in my hand. I don't know what happened next, but somehow my name appeared not far above my finger in this photo. You can see a little "Ms. Red Snapper" if you really look. I know rock stars do this sort of thing all the time. The walls and the ceiling of the bathroom were covered with signatures like some kind of crazy yearbook. I think this might be the House of Blues photo I share with my dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment