Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Mini-Tour of House of Blues



You probably get the impression that I had fun at House of Blues.  You are correct.  Let me give you a little tour of the place before the show started.  (I'm still hoping to find someone with photos of me from the show.)

This is the artist entrance.  This is where the rock stars arrive.  You can see how I classed up the place with my sweaty hair from the dance class I had with Kellita no more than an hour before.


This is the exterior of the building from the street.  I have another photo I'll share later demonstrating my keen promotion sense in this very location.  I was very impressed that the venue was so close to the hotel.


This is the sign that was overloaded with incredible shows for the month of September.  It was stashed in a window at House of Blues near the box office.  You can see on the right the listing for the Burlesque Bash with Catherine D'Lish.  I noticed this the day after the event when I bought a couple souvenirs from the venue.

This is the green room where I made new friends and got ready for the show.  They really took great care of us there.  Incredible hospitality.  Since I was one of the last acts of the night, I spent a considerable amount of time in that room.  I was able to slip out to watch a few of the acts early in the night.  I also hit my head at least three times when coming out of the nook where the makeup mirror was placed.

Lastly we have the main floor of the venue for the audience.  There's a makeshift thrust stage there in the photo (white) but it was gone for the show.  When I went on at 1:30 AM, the floor was still packed with people and the balconies were full.  The acoustics of the venue were awesome.  The cheers sounded so loud!  Not everyone gets this perspective so I hope you enjoyed my little tour.


No comments:

Post a Comment