Sunday, December 5, 2010

December 10 Challenge: Chair Dance Workshop

Class 1 of 10:  I'm going out of sequence on this.  I took my first dance class of the month yesterday, and I'll blog on that one later.  I'm just so darned excited about this chair dance workshop with Gabrielle of Aphrodite Pole Dance Fitness Studio.  You see, Gabrielle was my local teacher for the pole infomercial.  She was such an amazing teacher I continued studying with her for two years before my burlesque schedule became too hectic to continue classes.  I was delighted to see her offering a three-class series of chair choreography at a time that worked for me.

Gabrielle's classes are very good for me.  They give me permission to let my hair down (literally) and give into the music completely.  There is specific choreography, but it's not as technical for me as other classes where I absolutely must see myself in the mirror to be sure my posture and placement are correct.  She's a great teacher, very encouraging and brilliant with nurturing students to demonstrate sexiness.

We learned the first minute and a half of the choreography today.  It was quite a workout for my abs and legs, but I think I felt it more because of yesterday's hip hop workout.  It's a sexy routine.  I look forward to learning the rest over the next two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment