Sunday, December 5, 2010

December 10 Challenge: Vixen Hop

Class 2 of 10:  I took my first hip hop class yesterday.  I popped over to Evolve Dance Studio for their vixen hop class.  When I saw the energy and body of the teacher, I knew I needed to hit my inhaler for my anerobic asthma; I'm so glad I did.

This was a high energy, aerobic class that gave me an intense workout.  I was drenched from head to toe for most of the class.  It was challenging and interesting and fun.  I know my body is trained for pointed toes, turned out feet and pretty fingers; hip hop has flexed, parallel feet, bent elbows and fists.  I knew I would look like an awkward dork in my first class so I didn't look at myself in the mirror.  I watched the teacher in the mirror instead and tried to duplicate her moves.  My body is very sore, my abs are very worked, and I look forward to returning.

No comments:

Post a Comment