Thursday, December 9, 2010

Goals & Plans, or 'How I Melted My Brain'

My husband is taking a film business class while I'm in dance history.  Over the past few weeks, they've been discussing five-year goals and the plans to attain them in the industry, and the discussions have followed us home.  I've considered the long-term when deciding to end relationships and pursuits of certain activities, taking into account if I really saw myself enjoying the time I spent on those things in a few years.

I'm in burlesque for the long haul, but I haven't figured out my long-term goals.  (Here I am, brutally honest and vulnerable on the internet again.  At least I'm dressed.)  I'm reading "Long-term Creating," chapter 15 of Creating by Robert Fritz; Mr. Snapper brought it home from class for me.  It's pretty intense.  I highly recommend it for anyone to read.  I'm sure I'll spend a couple hours this weekend tackling my long-term goals in this field and how I can reach them.  Every decision I make in my career should contribute in some way to reaching those goals.

I'll have to make sure the Doodlebug is nearby while I tackle this so I have someone to keep me from getting too serious and stuck in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment