Wednesday, December 1, 2010

November 10 Challenge: The Wrap-Up

As you can see from my posts, I only made it through 7.5 of my November 10.  With heavy academic work early in the month, I knew I was challenged.  I tried to fit in three additional classes over the Thanksgiving holiday when things slowed down in my life, but most studios that I frequent were closed for the entire weekend.  In fact, I prepaid for a class on Saturday at a studio that was open and was called a couple hours later and told the class was canceled for low attendance.  (That studio gave me an additional class for the hassle of not giving me four hours notice.  I have to use the three classes I now have on account with them this month.)

The main obstruction to my ten classes this month was professional dancing work.  I had so many gigs this month, and I had the two "flash" mob appearances added into the equation requiring rehearsal, recruitment and coordination.  This is the best reason not to hit my student goal since I was out actually doing.  My performances this month were more vulnerable than usual, giving more personal expression and working for more audience connection.  While I was in the field, I was still learning.

I don't know that the educational process will ever stop for me.  I finish my law & media and dance history & appreciation classes at the local college this month.  I also finish my swing series.  If everything pans out, I'll get through those three prepaid classes, a prepaid flexibility class, an a chair dance series.

Wait, that's seven classes.  Can I do a December 10 around my finals and long days of day jobbing?  Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment