Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Dance Class Challenge: 37/100 - Crunch: Candlelight Yoga

When I first started this challenge, I was working half days in an office and spending my afternoons working on costumes, choreography, and playing video games.  I've been working 40-hour weeks for almost two months.  While I do have the freedom to work on things during quiet times at the office, I don't have the same availability to trot to evening dance classes.  This means I have to stock up on the classes at festivals and conventions, take classes on weekends between other activities, and work my way through the Netflix instant fitness offerings.

After a full workday, making dinner and sewing like a crazy person last night, I needed to do a class (video) and unwind.  I did "Candlelight Yoga" in the Crunch series, led by Sara Ivanhoe.  I got a nice, peaceful stretch and learned some techniques for post-performance cool-down (which I always fail to do).  Maybe if I stick with this yoga thing I'll have better balance, flexibility, and Buster will get used to my yoga mat.

No comments:

Post a Comment