Sunday, June 26, 2011

Instant Color

My admiration for Evie Lovelle's genius grows every day. When I mentioned to her my shoe dyeing incident, she suggested I try floral spray paint to even out the tone. Brilliant. This was such a brilliant suggestion that I used floral spray paint to color the bustier for my newest costume. I didn't want to throw it in a pot of boiling dye and have another incident.

I visited Moskatel's in downtown LA to get a couple shades of floral paint for my current projects. The store is huge, and they have more shades of Design Masters floral spray paint than are available at Michael's or JoAnn Fabrics. I noticed a usage card hanging by the paint that suggested using the floral spray paint so your shoes can match your wedding flowers. Brilliant!

It's going to take a few rounds of paint both inside and out to get it just right, but I have a great feeling about this bustier.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment