Saturday, February 5, 2011

Dance Class Challenge: 7/10 - Ballet for Bellydancers

This was the first class I'd taken at Dance Garden in Atwater Village in a couple years. I'm the first to admit I'm not a strong bellydancer. I don't spend a lot of time working on that skill set.

Kamala, the instructor, was very nice. However, this wasn't the class for me. I'm accustomed to a longer set of barre work. I'm very focused on the technical aspects and the musicality of ballet. This fusion class would be helpful to a bellydancer who has never studied ballet. I did learn a new term for a move I've been doing for years (soutenu en tournant - a full turn in 5th position in which the feet change position while turning). I also managed to butcher the arabesque-bellydance combination at the end of class.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment